We hope everyone affected by winter storm Nemo stays safe! Here's your tree news from around the world this week:
- I am currently stuck in O'Hare Airport. Find out where I am headed this weekend [KDVR-TV]
- Brazil is taking a census of its trillions of trees [Newser]
- Climate change has become the primary driver for managing national forests, because it poses a major threat to trees' ability to store carbon and provide clean water and wildlife habitat [U.S. News & World Report]
- More time in nature can soften the blow of toxic stress during early childhood [Psychology Today]
- Humans first tamed the olive tree between 8,000 and 6,000 years ago in the Middle East [Mother Nature Network]
- Learn more about how ice storms can affect your woodlands [My Land Plan]
- President Obama nominates Sally Jewell as the next Department of the Interior Secretary [AFF Newsroom]
Photo: I'm dreaming of spring.
If you enjoy reading Your Week in trees, consider becoming a member of AFF to keep this and all our resources alive and growing.