We ensure the sustainability of America’s family forests for present and future generations in conjunction with our strategic partners.
AFF is committed to creating a future where North American forests are sustained by the public that understand and values the social, economic, and environmental benefits they provide to our communities, our nation, and the world.
- All American have a stake in the future of our nation’s forests.
- Forest owners are stewards of vital resources that provide value to their communities, the nation, and the world.
- Environmental education enables citizens to learn the skills and gain the knowledge necessary to make informed decisions about our natural resources.
- Our success depends on the passion of volunteers and the capacity of state based organizations who share our goals. Likewise, we share responsibility for assuring they have the resources they need to succeed.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the role that forests and the environment play in our lives, and build the skills and commitment needed to conserve and sustain them.
- Develop and advance policies and programs that support conservation, environmental education, and sustainable forests.
- Enhance the ecological, social, and economic viability of family forestland ownership.
- Increase the number of family forest owners who sustainably manage natural resources.
- Support research that fills gaps in our understanding of forest ecology, the socio-economic dimensions of forest ownership and management, and the impact of public policies on forest sustainability
We can’t do any of this without the support and commitment of our partners, volunteers, and supporters.